1. The undiluted blood samples anti coagulated with EDTA, but not diluted with citrate anti coagulant.
2. Blood should be taken in EDTA anti coagulant, diluted to less than 5% without further dilution in citrate.
3. Mixing blood with EDTA anti coagulant is necessary at the time of vein puncture and further mixing.
4. Mixing should be continuous before filling the ESR tube properly.
5. a. Sedimentation pipette length of 200mm with uniform bore of 2.5mm.
the sedimentation pipette diameter for Westergren ESR is 2.5mm ± 0.15mm
c. Bore, internal, should be circular in shape.
6. a. Blood filling should be for not less than 200mm height, in the ESR pipette.
b. Easy initial “zero” reading of the column should be possible.
7. Pipette should be held perfectly vertical.
8. ICSH recommends methods minimising biohazard for maximum safety of the operator.
blood sample, that is diluted, four
volumes of blood may be taken directly into
one volume of sterile
10. Mixing should be with at least eight complete inversions.
11. ICSH recommends measurement may be made at 60 minutes or normalised to 60 minutes.
|| Site map | More info on product | Wheecon info | Product of the month | White papers ||