The URYXXON® Relax provides dependable urine status results to detect early stages of many diseases such as diabetes, kidney disease and urinary tract infections. Instrument-read results have long proven to be advantageous for both, busy health care professionals and patients. URYXXON® Relax readings eliminate the subjectivity of visual colour interpretation. The comprehensive interface options and the optimized printouts minimize risks associated with manual transcriptions. Reliable results can be obtained virtually immediate at the point of care.
- MAJOR MERITS
- TECHNICAL DATA
- QUESTION & ANSWERS
- BUYERS' SPECIFICATIONS
The URYXXON® Relax provides dependable urine status results to detect early stages of many diseases such as diabetes, kidney disease and urinary tract infections. Instrument-read results have long proven to be advantageous for both, busy health care professionals and patients.
Uryxxon Relax is a reflection photometer for the analysis of urine test sticks, Uryxxon Stick 10. The stick is illuminated with an LED and a detector registers the intensity of light reflected by the test stick at three different wavelengths, and using an internal calibration, the results are calculated from the reflection values and whenever samples are strongly alkaline, a density correction is automatically conducted.
1. Highly automated with non-touch operation – Easy handling and great user convenience.
2. Large graphic screen to display full results in one page – Clear marking of pathological results for easy diagnostic decisions.
3.Touch screen operation with easy access to all functions – Guided operation and enhanced user convenience.
4.System has USB as well as RS232C interface, providing easy connectivity to LIS – Several options to suit most lab demands.
5. Small footprint, and optional battery operation – Ideal for mobile operation and near patient testing.
6. Memory for 200 measurements including patient name or ID – Positive readings can be filtered out enabling easy further diagnosis.
7. Incorporates automatic self-calibration – Uryxxon Relax makes urinalysis simpler and more reliable!
Urine strip analysers in conjunction with the urine strips provide semi quantitative results, as the first step in diagnosis of a wide range of diseases. The 11 parameter strip permits analysis of simultaneous
status of urine parameters for the initial step of screening of multiple parameters, followed by confirmation, diagnosis and treatment. It is used also for the routine monitoring and status improvement of the disease conditions. The semi quantitative results prove useful for early pick up of symptoms of
(i) Diseases of the kidneys and urinary track
(ii) Carbohydrate metabolism disorders (diabetes mellitus)
(iii) Liver disease and haemolytic disorders
(iv) urinary infections
The application includes screening, for routine examinations, treatment monitoring, self monitoring by patients/and or general preventive medicine.
200 patient test results including name or patient ID
1. User : Touch screen display, alphanumeric input, password protection.
2. Computer : USB interface for connection to PC, alternatively RS232 interface for connection to PC, PS/2 interface for connection of keyboard and /or barcode reader.
110-240 V AC, automatic
Battery powered operation (optional) with 6AA batteries.
Depth : 20 cm (7.9 inches) * Width : 16cm (6.3 inches) * Height : 7.5 cm (3.0 inches)
Weight : 710 kg (1.90 lb) (without batteries and power supply)
Temperature range : 5-40°C (41-104 °F)
Humidity range : 20-80% relative humidity, non condensing
Calibration : automatic, self calibrating
50 strips per hour
QUESTION & ANSWERS
1. How many parameters does the system evaluate?
Uryxxon Relax is meant for automatic evaluation of Uryxxon Stick 10, urine test strips for 10 parameters.
2. Are the test strips CE marked or FDA cleared?
The products are CE marked and according to IVD directive 98/79/EG.
3. What is the throughput of the Uryxxon Relax?
It can read upto 50 strips per hour.
4. What is the light source employed in the system?
The light source is LED, with a very long life.
5. Does the system offer quality control?
Yes, the machine in its category offers “quality control assistance” for measuring control urine, whereas most other machines do not offer this advantage and the results can be released with confidence with quality control assurance.
6. Does the system offer automatic recalibration or calls for regular recalibration and involving manual intervention and several steps?
No, the system does not call for manual calibration and, with automatic recalibration ensures consistent results with verification and validation.
7. What different interface capabilities are available on-board?
The machine offers as standard unidirectional data transfer to LIS, USB interface for connection to PC, or RS 232 interface for connection to PC, PS/2 interface for connection to keyboard and/or barcode reader.
8. Is it possible to upgrade the unit.
Yes, it is possible to update the programme from service menu.
9. What are unique attributes of the system?
The instrument has many features which are normally seen with very high end machine costing several times more, including large LCD touch screen, automatic calibration and automatic measurement, extensive interfaces including on line data transfer, patient ID, barcode reader for ID, filtering of abnormal results, on board storage and recall of results, on board quality control package, AC and battery operation with high level portability.
10. Do Macherey and Nagel offer total solution – systems, strips and control?
Yes, they do as one source, by offering hardware test strips, and dedicated strips for calibration and validated strips for controls and liquid controls for daily check, to ensure accurate results any time.
11. Does the system allow selection of units for various parameters?
Yes, with option field “units”, allows choice of units for three different parameters, CONV, SI, ARB and two mixed entries.
12. Is the system capable of working in the absence of regular power supply?
The machine with small footprint offers optional battery option, ideal for mobile operation and near patient testing.
13. Does the system have ability to store measuring results?
Yes, the Relax system can store on board 200 measurements including patient no. or ID.
14. Does the system have facility for filtering of abnormal results?
Yes, it is possible to filter positive results, enabling easy further diagnosis.
15. Does the system take into account the necessary correction in the case of strong alkaline samples?
Yes, with the Uryxxon systems, whenever the samples are strongly alkaline, a density correction is automatically conducted.
16. How many different wavelengths of the LEDs involved?
Yes, three different wavelengths of the LEDs involved.
Automated urine strip analyser for semi-quantitative detection for 10 strips per hour with touch screen, on board memory and built-in-printer, with the following technical specifications:
1. LCD touch screen display with alphanumeric input possibilities and password protection, for easy operator guidance and use
2. Ability to process around 50 strips per hour and store 200 patients results including name or patient I.D
3. Semi-quantitative detection of the various parameters in urine with preferred range and detection limits as follows :
- Glucose : < 50 mg/dl, Density – 1.000 to 1.030 Blood ; 0.015 Hb/dl | Urobilinogen : 0.5. to 1 mg/dl, Bilirubin – 0.5. – 1 mg bil/dl.